A health care model where the provider and patient have a direct financial relationship. This type of practice has also been called boutique, retainer, and personalized medicine.
This model allows the physician to take care of fewer patients and removes the physician-patient relationship from the grasps of insurance requirements. This means more attention to you, more focus on wellness, and more time spent on meeting your health care goals!
The Little Things are Huge
• We draw our blood at the office…and we are good at it! Whether you are running your blood work through insurance or not, we will draw it for you.
• We have a wellness focus so we can manage all of your primary care along with all components of age management/functional medicine. This includes weight loss, hormone optimization, and focused nutritional therapies.
• We have our own fitness center adjacent to our facility for your use. We implement high intensity interval training along with a few boxing exercises in a simple circuit that is scalable to all exercise levels.
What is your Practice Size?
Traditionally, a doctor may care for a few thousand patients. But in our practice, the number of patients is limited to less than 500. This is one of the components that allow us to offer a higher level of care.
Longer Appointments, Minimal Waiting!
Unlike the typical doctor’s office we actually value YOUR time too. We give longer appointments with minimal waiting time. It is time your medical team delivers! Illness usually manages to sneak up when we least expect it, which is why getting in can be so important.
Your Health-Care Anywhere
Whether you are traveling or stuck in a business meeting, you can access your medical team for medical questions or for a consultation. We are there to make your life easier. If it is non-urgent you can also email us any questions or concerns and we can manage them easily. The decision to see you in your home or office will be decided on a case-by-case basis. It could be deemed necessary based on illness or convenience. New patient visits and annual physicals will always be in the office.
An Investment into your Health
Metabolix has a focus on wellness so keeping you healthy is a goal we both share. When you are healthy you have a reduction in health care costs, an increase in your productivity, and better quality of life.
No Worries – Refund Policy Available
If you do not get what you need from Metabolix, you will receive a pro-rated refund for the remaining months on the contract with a 30 day written notice.
What About Insurance?
This practice is not a substitute for a health insurance. Everybody should have at least catastrophic (high deductible) health insurance. Insurance can be used to cover services not offered in the office including labs, xrays, medications, emergency room and hospital care, and visits to a specialist. Although we recommend that patients carry health insurance, we do care for many patients without insurance and try to find low cost options for any needed ancillary services.
Concierge medicine provides high-quality medical care to everyone, including patients without health insurance. If your are interested in carrying health insurance you can opt for a higher deductible plan as your primary care is included in our annual fee.
Is your fee reimbursable through my insurance company?
A portion of the annual fee may be reimbursable under PPO insurance (this does not apply to Medicare patients). Check with your insurance company on coverage for non-network provider office visits. Although we do not bill your insurance directly, claim forms can be provided to submit to your insurance company. Concierge works well with a High Deductible Health Plan with a Health
Savings Account (HSA).
What if I have an HMO?
Patients with HMO’s can’t be members of the practice due to restrictions of the HMO plan. Only your assigned, network primary care physician can order tests and referrals, many of which need pre-authorization. If you understand these insurance restrictions, you can always be part of the practice without any use of your HMO insurance. There is still value in our services in many instances.
1. You may receive a reimbursement from your insurance provider for each visit with us
2. Our fee can be combined with a Health Savings Account, which represents tax saving opportunities
3. Phone and email consults with the medical team are available –saving valuable time
4. We offer discounts of up to 70% for laboratory testing for patients who choose cash payment instead of insurance billing
5. Minimal waiting time for visits with phone, text, and e-mail consultations also available for your convenience.
6. 24/7 physician access by cell phone, email, & text
7. Same day appointments – Of course phone consults always an option
8. Scheduled Home visits
9. Wellness and age management medicine
10. Access to our fitness center and fitness coaches
11. Communication & coordination of care with specialists
12. Discounts on other services not covered by insurance:
Weight loss, IV therapies, Nutrient Injections, Photo facials, Botox/Dysport, Trim Nutritional Supplements