Stock up on these disease fighting foods to help battle arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer!
- Oranges are a disease fighting food because because they are packed with vitamin C. Not only do oranges help kick colds and boost immune systems, they help fight arthritis. Citrus is high in beta cryptoxanthin, which reduces the risk of inflammatory disease.
- Carrots contain high levels of vitamin A and beta carotenes to fight inflammation and antioxidants to protect cells from free radical damage.
- Red bell peppers fight arthritis with high levels of vitamin C, which is important in keeping collagen for healthy cartilage.
HEART DISEASE & DIABETES
- Brussels sprouts help fight heart disease by significantly lowering bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein or LDL).
- Soybeans help battle against diabetes and heart disease because they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and PH balance protein with good carbs.
- Salmon is packed with omega-3s, amino acids and vitamins A, B, D and E. Salmon can not only help improve brain function and reduce cholesterol, it helps fight heart disease and diabetes.
- Nonfat yogurt contains high calcium levels to help with bone growth. Yogurt can improve insulin sensitivity and control blood pressure which helps fight heart disease.
- Oatmeal fights heart disease because it is a blood-cholesterol-stabilizing elixir packed with filling soluble fibers.
- Swiss chard is rich in beta-carotenes to aid in tissue repair and magnesium to control blood sugar which helps fight diabetes. It is also low on the glycemic carb index.
- Bananas fight heart disease because they are rich in magnesium and potassium to manage blood pressure.
- Turkey breast can help fight diabetes because the proteins help slow absorption of carbs into the blood stream preventing a spike in blood sugar levels.
- Cucumbers contain high levels of water which helps battle dehydration. They are loaded with potassium, and vitamins C and K which improve metabolic functions, boost antioxidants and increase tissue building and blood clotting proteins.
- High fiber cereal keep you feeling full for longer periods of time and helps maintain digestive regularity which is helpful in fighting obesity.
- Tomatoes contain a phytochemical called lycopene which is being studied for its reduction of risk for prostate cancer. According to the American Cancer Society, foods rich in lycopene may lower the risk of other cancers as well.
- Berries contain phytochemicals that have been shown to help fight the development of cancer. These phytochemicals trigger antioxidant reactions that neutralize damage done to your cells.
- Broccoli contains a chemical that has been found to slow down the progression of cancer cells, especially hormone-sensitive cancers such as breast and ovarian cancer.
- Garlic is known for its great antibiotic activity and immune system boosting properties and is currently being studied to explore how garlic functions in cancer protection.
- Beans are great sources of fiber, which has been proven to help reduce inflammation in the colon and has been associated with a reduction of colon cancer.
More posts for you:
Call (727) 230-1438 or CLICK HERE to contact us for an appointment in our office located at 26212 US Hwy 19, in Clearwater, Florida.
About Metabolix Wellness Center
Metabolix Wellness Center provides personalized, integrative healthcare for general wellness, anti-aging, athletic performance and weight management as well as more complex medical issues. In addition, our facility also provides aesthetic services and fitness training. Combining diet, nutrition and exercise with evidence based medicine and preventative therapies, our goal is to help our patients achieve and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
Metabolix Wellness Center utilizes IV therapy protocols from Trim® Nutrition. These proprietary nutrient injections are formulated by doctors and compounding pharmacists who use the highest quality materials and follow strict manufacturing protocols in a class 10,000 compounding facility.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, Trim® Nutrition and Metabolix Wellness Center’s clinical staff of physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, and research and development specialists are dedicated to the mission of Making Bodies Better™.