Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) for Men and Women
As we age, far lower amounts of hormones are released. This creates havoc in our body, causing a multitude of symptoms for both men and women. The decrease in hormone production also causes us to age faster. When your hormones are unbalanced, one of the first things to go is a good night’s sleep. This is often followed by many of the other symptoms listed below. At times this can cause complete disruption of one’s life.
Common Causes of Hormone Imbalance Include:
- Prescription drugs
- Exposure to toxins and environmental pollution
- Birth control pills
- Poor diet
Hormone Optimization for Men
As men approach midlife, they can suffer from a decline in hormones known as andropause. Their body produces less testosterone, thyroid, and other vital hormones, leaving them noticing a decrease in sex drive and performance, lack of energy, irregular blood sugar, decreased muscle mass, inability to build muscle, loss of memory, and depression. Many men dismiss these changes as unavoidable signs of getting older, but that is not the case. Diet and lifestyle can also contribute to decreased testosterone production before you even reach middle age. Lower levels of testosterone or other hormones may cause any of the symptoms below. Hormone optimization, including testosterone replacement, can help treat the symptoms you are experiencing.
Symptoms of Male Hormone Imbalance:
- Decreased energy and fatigue
- Prostate inflammation
- Memory loss and difficulty concentrating
- Lowered libido/ decreased sex drive
- Low thyroid symptoms
- Low sperm count
- Insomnia or trouble falling/staying asleep
- Excess weight gain
- Difficulty losing weight
- Decreased muscle tone
- Breast enlargement
- Erectile dysfunction
- Anxiety and depression
- Water retention
- Irritability and Mood swings
- Adult acne
- Reduced muscular strength
Benefits of Hormone Optimization for Men:
- Increase/Restore Sex Drive
- Increased Energy Levels
- Loss of Fat
- Better Mood
- Less Depression
- Improved Memory
- Ability to focus better
- Return of Skin Elasticity
- Lessen Joint and Muscle Pain
- Increase Stamina
- Improve Muscle Mass
- Improve Muscle Tone
- And more
Metabolix Wellness will prescribe a customized treatment plan that will optimize your hormonal balance and make you feel sexier, stronger and healthier. With our customized hormone optimization plans, you’ll experience more energy, better sleep, increased mental alertness, more muscle strength, an improved libido, and more.
Hormone Optimization for Women
While people typically think of menopausal women needing hormone replacement, it’s important to understand that women of all ages can have symptoms of hormonal imbalances. Most women start to notice symptoms as they approach their early 40’s, but for some symptoms may begin even earlier. Doctors will often dismiss the symptoms below as “being all in your head” and will often prescribe sleeping pills, anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications. Unfortunately, more often than not, doctors don’t attribute the symptoms to hormonal shifts. Studies show that women who start hormone optimization treatment before their last period experience more improvement than those who wait.
At Metabolix Wellness, our medical staff will customize a hormone optimization treatment specifically tailored to your needs. Hormone optimization, along with our vitamin and mineral infusions, will provide more energy, better sleep, increased mental alertness, more muscle strength, an improved libido, and more.
Symptoms of Female Hormone Imbalance:
- Vaginal Dryness
- Decreased Energy – Fatigue and Lethargy
- Hair loss and thinning
- Low libido or sex drive
- Emotional instability like irritability and anxiety
- Cognitive changes like “Brain Fog”, trouble remembering
- Facial hair growth
- Uterine fibroids
- Excessive weight gain, especially around the abdomen
- Dry skin
- Hot flashes
- Irregular/missed periods
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
Benefits of Hormone Optimization for Women:
- Increased energy
- Increased memory and cognitive function
- Improved libido or increased sex drive
- Reduced vaginal dryness
- Improved skin elasticity
- Decreased hair thinning
- Easier to lose weight and increase muscle tone
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Emotional stability
- Fewer headaches
- Decreased hot flashes and night sweats
- Improved sleep
- Regulated periods
- Improved thyroid functions
- Helps to prevent bone loss
- And more
Measuring hormone levels is a MUST for anyone considering hormone replacement therapy. Before a practitioner can assess your current condition, they need to know where you stand, hormonally speaking. Our highly trained hormone specialists at Metabolix Wellness will complete state-of-the-art hormone testing to determine if an underlying hormonal imbalance is to blame for the symptoms you’re experiencing.
Our specialists may use blood, saliva and/or urine hormone tests to:
- Detect hormone imbalances prior to the appearance of patient signs or symptoms
- Identify hormone imbalances associated with symptoms
- Monitor hormone levels while supplementing
- Track treatment progress with follow-up reports
Our specialists will prescribe treatment and supplements when needed:
- We often are able to utilize bio identical hormone replacement to match the body’s own hormones. This can be done in the form of creams, troches, tablets or injectables.
- Some hormone imbalances can be optimized utilizing vitamin supplements
Stem Cell Therapy
Stem Cell Therapy is about using human stem cells to regenerate damaged tissue. Stem cells have the remarkable potential to develop into many diﬀerent cell types in the body. In addition, they serve as a sort of internal repair system, dividing to replenish other cells. When a stem cell divides, each new cell has the potential either to remain a stem cell or become another type of cell with a more specialized function, such as a muscle cell, a red blood cell, or a brain cell.
At Metabolix Wellness we offer Umbilical derived stem cell therapy. This therapy contains cells that are processed to preserve the cytokines, growth factors and proteins found in the Wharton’s Jelly of the umbilical cord for homologous use. The cells found here contain hundreds of powerful cells including Mesenchymal Stem Cells. These cells are “multi-potent” which means that they have the ability to differentiate into muscle, tendons, ligaments, bone, and cartilage. Once introduced into the damaged or diseased area, the stem cells can often help damaged tissue and regenerate new healthy tissue.
- This therapy is considered an innovative regenerative treatment. It has been found to be helpful for a wide variety of conditions from physical injuries, to chronic illnesses such as COPD, Diabetes, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis and more.
- The cells are processed from donated human tissue from full term deliveries according to the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards. Benefits of this type of therapy are that no liposuction procedures are needed, and in addition to the mesenchymal stem cells, they also contain other beneficial cells naturally found in the amniotic fluid. This includes growth factors, cytokines, collagen, hyaluronic acid, fibroblasts and more. These cells contain immunomodulatory properties: they do not pose risk for metastasis of tumor cells; they promote proteins that halt the cell cycle of cancer cells and promote tumor suppressing genes; and they invoke the body’s immune system to repair damage. These cells can also be injected into joints, infused intravenously (IV) or inthrathecally (spinal).
- There is no down-time for stem cell therapy, and all appointments are completed in our office.
- FDA Guidance: These cells are processed from donated human tissue from full term deliveries and is regulated as a human cell, tissue, or cellular or tissue-based product (HCT/P) under 21 CFR Part 1271 and Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act.
Call today for a complimentary consultation to learn more about stem cell therapy and which therapy is best for you.
Aging in both sexes is associated with progressive declines in hormones and negative effects on energy, sleep, mood, libido and weight. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and becomes wrinkled and loose, we gain fat and lose both muscle and bone mass. All of this is largely due to the decrease in Growth Hormone (GH). Anti-aging peptide therapy can help correct hormone imbalances and reduce symptoms of aging including: increased energy and mental focus; enhanced sex drive; improved bone density, skin elasticity, muscle tone and stamina; thicker, fuller hair; lower body fat and cholesterol levels; less wrinkles; decreased joint and muscle pain. In addition to anti-aging therapy, we also use peptides to optimize the production and secretion of growth hormone for wellness, chronic illness, pain management, and as adjuvant to our weight management and fitness program.
What are peptides?
Peptides occur naturally in the body and are present in every living cell. Like proteins, peptides are composed of amino acids and created when two or more amino acids are joined together.
There are 20 different amino acids in the human body and mixing different combinations is what creates the various peptides and proteins in the body. All peptides will have some effect on the cells of the body. Different types of peptides influence different types of cells. Peptide therapies help the body fight certain illnesses and diseases.
Benefits of Anti-Aging Peptide Therapy include:
- Energy increase
- Enhanced sex drive
- Improved skin elasticity
- Increased muscle tone
- Increased stamina
- Sharper mental focus
- Improved bone density
- Deeper sleep
- Fuller Hair
- Decreased body fat
- Less wrinkles
- Lower cholesterol
- Decreased joint and muscle pain
- Improved recovery from wounds and illness
Some of the peptide therapies we offer include:
- Ipamorelin/ CJC 1295
- Ibutamoren (MK677)
- IGF-1 LR3
- AOD 9604
- BPC 157
- and more!
We offer phone consultations for peptide therapy, so you never have to leave the comfort of your home to get started! Call today to schedule an appointment!
Why nutrient injections are more effective than tablets, capsules and liquid vitamin supplements?
No matter how good the nutrient supplement, if it doesn’t get to the right place at the right time to be broken down and metabolized, it will ultimately end up a waste product–literally passed through the intestine and into your stool.
There is a viable solution with injection therapy. Injections offer 100% absorption when compared to the small 5-15% that oral delivery offers. Getting nutrients through injections into the muscle or the subcutaneous fat, have an availability of 100% while other delivery methods such as tablets, capsules and liquids, pale in comparison. When deficient in vitamins or minerals, it can take more than 6 months to replete these stores when using oral delivery methods, whereas injections can correct deficiencies within 1-3 months.
Nutrient Injections at Home:
At Metabolix Wellness, we go beyond offering the standard B12 injections, we offer B12 and many more comprehensive vitamins, antioxidant, and amino acid blends! For those patients who prefer to skip an office visit, and give themselves vitamin injections at home, we offer nutrient injections kits that contain everything you need to administer your injection at home, including instructions A simple telephone consult is required before starting on any vitamin injections. Once your consult is complete, we will place your vitamin injection order and ship it to your home or you may pick it up at our office.
Nutrient Injections Available:
- Methylcobalamin (B12 – active form) 10,000 mcg
- Methylcobalamin Max (High dose B12) 50,000 mcg
- Glutathione – The body’s best natural antioxidant and is not well absorbed orally making the injection delivery very important. This is a preventative supplement to reduce the free radical damage in the body and help prevent disease and inflammation.
- Calm – A multi-purpose injection for people with anxiety, migraines, muscle tension and more, with GABA and magnesium
- Complete – B complex vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12) combined with amino acids, minerals and lipotropics (for weight loss support)
- BCAA – Increase muscle growth and prevent fatigue with BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids). BCAAs refers to three amino acids: L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. BCAA supplementation, for people with low dietary protein intake, can promote muscle protein synthesis and increase muscle growth over time. It can also be used to prevent fatigue in novice athletes.
- Tri-Amino – The Tri-Amino nutrient injection combines three clinically researched amino acids—ornithine, arginine and citrulline. Tri-Amino nutrient injection can enhance the release of Human Growth Hormone and has many benefits including promoting physical strength and endurance, decreasing blood pressure and improving cardiovascular health.
- Lipo-C – Lipotropic compounds are used on the potential for release of fat deposits in some parts of the body. The lipotropic agents included in this injection are Methionine, Choline and Inositol. Lipo-C can be used in conjunction with B-vitamins to help speed up overall metabolic processes, burn fat and increase energy.
SASRT Sleep Therapy
Insomnia includes difficulty initiating sleep, difficulty maintaining sleep, waking too early or too frequently, and poor or non-restorative sleep. There are a multitude of health problems associated with chronic insomnia, and not many options for treatment. Most common treatment for insomnia includes prescription sleep medications, which often have mixed results and their own set of side-effects and complications, including drug dependence and ‘morning hangover.’ SASRT is a new and innovative form of sleep therapy that helps to rewire the ‘software’ of the sleep centers of the brain, allowing for relief of symptoms and the return of restorative sleep patterns. This is achieved with a small dose of medication administered intravenously by a physician. SASRT is a series of five treatments. Each treatment lasts approximately one hour. Booster maintenance treatments are typically required for maximum results. The number of booster treatments, as well as the amount of time in between treatments, is patient specific.
Office consultations are required prior to scheduling SASRT
O-Shot ® Plus
The O-Shot™ Plus is a simple nonsurgical procedure that uses a combination of the PRP (platelet-rich plasma) growth factors each woman has in her own body, plus living stem cells, to stimulate vaginal and clitoral rejuvenation. The procedure is designed to help women with sexual problems or urinary incontinence, or to simply enhance the sexual experience. When combined with proper hormone balancing, the results can be quite exceptional. The entire process takes about 30 minutes and can be done with little or no discomfort.
Simply discontinuing prescription medications, alcohol, or other drugs can be dangerous and create other potentially severe medical problems. At Metabolix Wellness we offer a 6 week outpatient detox program to wean you off the substance or prescription drug you are dependant on.
Our 6 week detox program includes:
- Weekly medical visits with 24/7 phone access during program
- 12 Vitamin IV Treatments
- Blood Panel- full nutritional and hormonal status
- Trim Fuel Protein Shake
- Trim Powercell supplement
- Trim Adrenal Repair supplement
- Trim Night Cutter supplement
Why choose an outpatient program versus an inpatient program?
- Cost: The price of an inpatient detox program can be as much as $2,000 PER DAY with an average length of stay of 7-14 days. Our outpatient program is designed to be a more affordable alternative when inpatient detox is not an option.
- Time: Some patients are not able to commit to taking time off of work or being away from their families. With an outpatient program most people are able to continue to work and stay at home with their family.
What substances do you provide detox from?
- Benzodiazepines (Ativan, Klonipin, Valium, Xanax )
- Opiates (Heroin, Fentanyl, Morphine, Codeine, Methadone, Percocet, Demerol, Vicodin, OxyContin, Suboxone, Subutex and Dilaudid)
- Antidepressants and Antipsychotics
- Stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Meth, Cocaine)
An assessment will be made by our specialists to ensure that an outpatient detox is appropriate and safe for you depending on the substance and amount of drug you are on.
How is this program different than other outpatient programs?
Dr. Brent Agin: Our program is supervised by an expert in the detoxification process. Brent Agin, MD is experienced in counseling and detoxification for both illicit drugs and prescription medications, Dr. Agin is one of a very select group of physicians certified in buprenorphine therapy. He has also been the medical director at several different local inpatient detoxification facilities for the last decade. His research in nutrition and vitamin therapy supports an important component of our detox program.
Custom Tailored: This program is specifically designed for each person based on their history and substance use. We understand that everyone’s DNA and metabolism is different so each person is placed on an individualized program, designed and administered just for them, based on the amount of drug usage and their reactions to each step of the detox.
Nutrient Infusions: Utilizing vitamin and mineral intravenous (IV) infusions along with other nutritional supplements, formulated by Dr. Agin, we are able to decrease many of the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms that one can experience with detox. During the 6 week program a total of 12 nutrient IV infusions are done to hydrate the body and replace some of the vitamins and nutrients that are often depleted from drug use.
Blood tests: We utilize blood tests to look for any nutritional or hormonal deficiencies that could be contributing to addiction. Drug abuse often leads to hormone imbalance and inflammation that can make it difficult to beat addiction, finding these imbalances can help make the detox process successful and smoother.
24/7 Access: You will have weekly appointments with Dr. Agin to discuss your progress. You will also have access to the on call healthcare provider 24/7.
What happens after 6 weeks?
Once finished with the initial 6 week program there is often a regimen of supplements and sometimes hormone prescriptions that may need to be continued for a period of time. This will vary from person to person. If any therapies were initiated there may be periodic blood tests and office visits needed to monitor the response to the different therapies. If your detox takes longer than 6 weeks as determined by the healthcare provider, then a longer custom program will be created for you. However, most everyone that is accepted to start our program is able to fully complete the detox in the 6 weeks without any problems.
Pricing: All inclusive 6 week outpatient program: $2,995 — Financing Available
What is Concierge Medicine?
Concierge medicine is a patient centered health care model where the patients pay an annual fee to the doctor directly for enhanced medical services. This model allows the physician to take care of fewer patients and removes the physician-patient relationship from the grasps of insurance requirements. This means more attention to you, more focus on wellness, and more time spent on meeting your health care goals!
What is your current practice size?
Traditionally, a doctor may care for several thousand patients. But in our practice, the number of patients we see are limited so that we can spend more time with you and provide more comprehensive personalized care.
Minimal Waiting & Longer Appointments
Unlike the typical doctor’s office we actually value YOUR time! We pride ourselves on minimal wait time, as well as ample appointment times so you don’t feel rushed when seeing the doctor. It is time your medical team delivers! Illness usually sneaks up when you least expect it, which is why same day appointments are so important.
Your Health Care Anywhere
Whether you are traveling or stuck in a business meeting, you can access our medical team for medical questions or for a consultation. We are there to make your life easier. If you have a non urgent question or concern you can also email the medical team.
An Investment in Your Health
Metabolix is focused on wellness, so keeping you healthy is a goal we both share. When you are healthy you have a reduction in health care costs, an increase in your productivity, and better quality of life.
The Little Things that make a difference:
- We draw your blood at the office…and we are good at it!
- There is no appointment needed.
- Lab results can be emailed to you with our interpretation after the practitioner receives and reviews them
- We have a wellness focus so we can manage all of your primary care needs along with all components of age management and functional medicine.
What’s Included in the Annual Fee?
- All Office Visits (medical, hormone, weight loss, well-women)
- After hour consultations
- 24/7 physician access by phone, email, & text.
- Same day appointments (when contacted within one hour of closing)
- Scheduled home visits (based on need and within 10 mile radius to office)
- 25% Discount on services offered at our facility including:
- Lab tests
- Trim Nutrition Supplements
- IV Therapies
- Vitamin Injections
- Hormone Peptides
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy
- Aesthetics: Botox, Fillers, IPL, Laser Hair Removal
- Drug Detox Program
- Trim Carb Revolution Weight Management Program
What is the cost?
There is a one-time annual fee to become a concierge patient:
- Individual cost: $2000
- Couple: $3000
- Family (up to 6): $5000
Financing is available
Genetic Testing for Hereditary Cancers
Survival rates for cancers covered by Color’s Hereditary Cancer Test increase dramatically when caught at an earlier and more treatable stage. Knowing your risk can help you take action. For example, you can work with our medical practitioners to create a personalized screening and prevention plan, designed to help reduce your risk of developing cancer. The Hereditary Cancer Test analyzes 30 genes, including BRCA1 and BRCA2. Having a mutation in one of these genes can increase your risk of developing common hereditary cancers, including breast, ovarian, colorectal, or prostate cancer. Traditionally hereditary cancer testing is very expensive, however, we use a company that provides the same testing at a fraction of the price.
At Metabolix Wellness, we use Color Genetic Testing
Our genetic tests focus on genes associated with an increased risk for common hereditary cancers and hereditary high cholesterol – disorders where early knowledge can potentially make a difference.
How it works:
- Get a Kit — Purchase a test kit from our office. You may pick it up or we can ship it to your home. Provide a saliva sample and mail it to the Color lab.
- Get your results — Your results will include your risk for selected hereditary disorders along with personalized screening guidelines.
- Talk to a counselor — A board-certified genetic counselor will help answer your questions and discuss next steps.
- Create a health plan — Schedule an appointment with us. We will go over your results and create a screening and management plan with you.
- Get ongoing support — After you get your results, we’ll update you with any changes to your guidelines, risk information, or variant classification.
Benefits: Genetic testing is powerful because it’s personal
- Color testing calculates risk for selected hereditary disorders using your genetic profile along with input from your personal and family history.
- Personalized screenings — Based on this risk profile, we may recommend you adjust your screening schedule, such as earlier and more frequent mammograms.
- Care for your family — Hereditary disorders run in families, so your results could help your loved ones learn more about their own health risks.
- Affordable — Color provides quality, advanced, clinical-grade testing at a fraction of the price of other labs
Hereditary Cancer Test. $250 — Analysis of 30 genes associated with an increased risk for common hereditary cancers
BRCA Test $149 — Analysis of BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes which are associated with an increased risk for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
Ordering: Simply call our office and we will order a test kit for you – please note that you do not need to be a pre-existing patient to have hereditary cancer testing
MTHFR stands for the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene (methyl-ene-tetra-hydro-folate-reductase). The MTHFR gene is responsible for making a functional MTHFR enzyme, this gene is responsible, in part, for converting vitamin B9 (folic acid) into a form your cells can use for metabolism. If you aren’t able to convert inactive B9 into levomefolic acid, the effects multiply as other metabolic processes are affected, and cellular processes slow to a halt. Depending on the severity of the variation, you might be completely unable to convert inactive B9 to its active form, or simply have a reduced capacity to do so. The enzyme also plays a role in the body’s ability to methylate (detoxify) properly. Having an MTHFR gene mutation can cause many different health problems throughout the entire body. The benefits of MTHFR testing are tremendous as it allows you to be proactive in your health, instead of sitting by idly wondering why you have a myriad of complicated symptoms that some doctors only seem to make worse.