Simply discontinuing prescription medications, alcohol, or other drugs can be dangerous and create other potentially severe medical problems. At Metabolix Wellness we offer a 6 week outpatient detox program to wean you off the substance or prescription drug you are dependant on.
Our 6 week detox program includes:
– Weekly medical visits with 24/7 phone access during program
– 12 Vitamin IV Treatments
– Blood Panel- full nutritional and hormonal status
– Trim Fuel Protein Shake
– Trim Powercell supplement
– Trim Adrenal Repair supplement
– Trim Night Cutter supplement
Why choose an outpatient program versus an inpatient program?
- Cost: The price of an inpatient detox program can be as much as $2,000 PER DAY with an average length of stay of 7-14 days. Our outpatient program is designed to be a more affordable alternative when inpatient detox is not an option.
- Time: Some patients are not able to commit to taking time off of work or being away from their families. With an outpatient program most people are able to continue to work and stay at home with their family.
What substances do you provide detox from?
An assessment will be made by our specialists to ensure that an outpatient detox is appropriate and safe for you depending on the substance and amount of drug you are on.
How is this program different than other outpatient programs?
- Dr. Brent Agin: Our program is supervised by an expert in the detoxification process. Brent Agin, MD is experienced in counseling and detoxification for both illicit drugs and prescription medications, Dr. Agin is one of a very select group of physicians certified in buprenorphine therapy. He has also been the medical director at several different local inpatient detoxification facilities for the last decade. His research in nutrition and vitamin therapy supports an important component of our detox program.
- Custom Tailored: This program is specifically designed for each person based on their history and substance use. We understand that everyone’s DNA and metabolism is different so each person is placed on an individualized program, designed and administered just for them, based on the amount of drug usage and their reactions to each step of the detox.
- Nutrient Infusions: Utilizing vitamin and mineral intravenous (IV) infusions along with other nutritional supplements, formulated by Dr. Agin, we are able to decrease many of the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms that one can experience with detox. During the 6 week program a total of 12 nutrient IV infusions are done to hydrate the body and replace some of the vitamins and nutrients that are often depleted from drug use.
- Blood tests: We utilize blood tests to look for any nutritional or hormonal deficiencies that could be contributing to addiction. Drug abuse often leads to hormone imbalance and inflammation that can make it difficult to beat addiction, finding these imbalances can help make the detox process successful and smoother.
- 24/7 Access: You will have weekly appointments with Dr. Agin to discuss your progress. You will also have access to the on call healthcare provider 24/7.
What happens after 6 weeks?
Once finished with the initial 6 week program there is often a regimen of supplements and sometimes hormone prescriptions that may need to be continued for a period of time. This will vary from person to person. If any therapies were initiated there may be periodic blood tests and office visits needed to monitor the response to the different therapies. If your detox takes longer than 6 weeks as determined by the healthcare provider, then a longer custom program will be created for you. However, most everyone that is accepted to start our program is able to fully complete the detox in the 6 weeks without any problems.
Pricing: All inclusive 6 week outpatient program: $2,995 — Financing Available
I have dealt with different types of addiction for most of my adult life with little success in
staying sober. I have been able to treat my previous addictions to heroin and prescription drugs but was unable to kick a two year alcohol addiction. My alcohol addiction was, by far, the worst thing I had ever experienced. It was so bad that my wife and I began to search for treatment options. This is how I came across the Metabolix Wellness Center. I had come to the conclusion that I could no longer continue drinking the quantities I was drinking and maintain a “normal life” let alone a “bad life”. Although I had never heard about using vitamins and other supplements to treat addiction, I had nothing to lose. I enrolled in the six week outpatient detox program and could not have been happier with the treatment and care I received. The staff at the wellness center are the most attentive and caring I have ever been lucky enough to meet. Once you walk in that door, you can really tell they want to help you and make you feel normal again. In my case, they made me feel like they were in my corner when fighting this addiction. I really believe they wanted me to be successful in my recovery as much as I did, if not more than I did at some points. Kat, Jenny and Angie are all great, they make the process as comfortable and “enjoyable” as possible. I have to say though, Kat really stood out to me. She is one of those people who make you feel like family. Overall, they were all a large part in helping me beat the addiction with their support. As for Dr. Agin, he is one of the best doctors I have ever come across. He not only wants to help with your illnesses, he also listens to your problems and concerns. He doesn’t look at you as an addict, he looks at you as a person with an illness. This was something very important to me. He is also extremely knowledgeable in his field and can get you through detox with minimal or no withdrawal symptoms. After 7 weeks sober, I can honestly say finding the wellness center saved my marriage and quite possibly my life.
When I was told about Metabolix Wellness, I was just about to leave a detox facilities after being weaned off prescription pain medication which I had been prescribed for 8 yrs. After returning home from the facility, my body still didn’t seem quite right…I just knew something was off but didn’t know what. I made an appt. with Dr. Agin and his staff at Metabolix Wellness and chose the 6 week program and was immediately started on IV therapy as I was told my body was most likely depleted of some key vitamins and nutrients which happens with long term opioid use. This continued as my bloodwork was being done to see what other tolls the prescriptions had taken on my body. When my bloodwork came back, Dr. Agin sat with me, explained to me all the things long term use can have on the body and was having on mine making me realize why I was feeling the way I was…tired, no energy, no lust for life and that just wasn’t me. I was started on some “TRIM” products such as Adrenal Repair, Power Cell, Trim Shakes as well as hormonal therapy.
After about three weeks I was feeling better than I have felt in a long time until one day,I woke up and felt like I hit a wall…I felt like I had no energy again and didnt no why. Dr. Agin drew more bloodwork and adjusted my hormone therapy and just like that, I was back on track. Between the expertise of Dr. Brent Agin and his awesome staff, I actually looked forward to going there 2-3 times a week. Scheduling appts. with Becky was seamless and even if I just was in the area and wanted an vitamin IV, Kat was more than accommodating. After my 6 weeks I was feeling the polar opposite of that when I walked in 6 weeks prior. I even recommended my wife receive IV’s, her being a nurse and always on the go. She benefited greatly from it and noticed a difference right away. I would HIGHLY recommend Metabolix Wellness Center to anyone. They not only help people from long term opioid use, but a wide variety of things. From weight loss to personal well being. They are there to try maintain your personal wellness before illness can set in. The staff there are sincere in helping you and
then keeping you as healthy as you can be. This place is a Godsend!
I am going to try to avoid being too “wordy” when it comes to my experience with Metabolix Wellness Center, but when someone saves your life twice, it’s a bit challenging. I first came in contact with the center and Dr. Agin a few years ago. It was probably around 2008 or so, I can’t quite remember.
This being the second time I’ve been a patient of Dr. Agin, who heads the center has given me yet another new beginning. The first time I went into his office I said to him “I am hooked on
Codeine.” And he replied with a knowing smile “And alcohol.” We addicts are always in denial. Always. If you are sick and tired, suffering from addiction, Metabolix is where you want to go.
The Dr. and all his staff genuinely care about your well-being. I can honestly say I love them all and consider them to be friends. You have three choices; jail, death or get help. Choose the third option and start your life over again clean, please. There are people in your life who care about you whether you think so or not. But do this for You! Then, and only then will the life you are living mean something again. Metabolix Wellness is the place to start.